Suggestions and tips for women voyaging or volunteering on their own from a female who has done so. Be prepared, be ready, go!
Author Archive for: Jane
This is Jane.
Jane is another regular blogger who has been involved with Workaway since its birth back at the start of the century!! She has travelled extensively and has both volunteered and hosted travellers over the past 20 years. She is a firm advocate of the mutual benefits of this initiative. Now she is resident in Spain, where she is working within the world of TEFL and Cambridge examining as well as being a mother of 3. She loves dancing, analysing why we “do the things we do” or “think the way we think” and is fascinated in trying out alternatives- which is probably why she enjoys travel so much. She has contributed to the content of the Workaway website, its translation into Spanish and is the author of the “The Complete Workaway Guidebook”.
Entries by Jane
We all know how great it is to have an extra pair of hands around, and as hosts we often think we have a clear idea of what we’d like our volunteers to help us with. BUT, having been a Workaway host for over 15 years, there have been many unexpected benefits which I could never have envisaged!
From circus and theatre, to decorative painting, sculpture, music and dance – check out our hosts which offer creative opportunities across the world and nurture your inner artist!
The prospect of international travel with kids may seem a bit daunting — especially when they’re still very young — but let us reassure you that you don’t have to give up your nomadic lifestyle as a parent. Travelling with kids in tow just means that you’ve got to plan your trips a little differently! Read these useful advice and hacks on how to make your kids’ travel experience as satisfying and memorable as your own.
Get off the tourist trail. Learn, teach & share skills. Immerse yourself in local culture & community in 180+ countries. #workawayadventure
- At Workaway we are avid travellers, worldwide wanderers and open road addicts, but there is definitely a right time to …Read More »
- Single? Travelling alone? About to hit 30? But don’t you want a relationship? Isn’t it time you settle down? How …Read More »
- This month we talk to a solo female traveller, Daniela from Czech Republic who quit her job after realising she …Read More »
- She is taking the term travelling light to a whole new level - how Susan manages to travel with a …Read More »
- Many people who have had a fulfilling career and learnt many useful skills are taking the opportunity to do now …Read More »